Monday, April 11, 2011

France's controversial burqa ban takes effect

France's controversial burqa ban takes effect

Paris (CNN) – French police arrested two veiled women protesting the country's law banning face-hiding Islamic burqas and niqabs Monday, just hours after the legislation took effect.
The arrests outside Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris were not for wearing the prohibited garments. Police say the women were instead arrested for participating in an unauthorized protest. But the incident reflected the high passions the ban has incited among some Muslims.
One woman who disapproves of the ban said no one forces her to wear the niqab, a full-face veil with an opening for her eyes, and she should be left alone.
"I've not committed a crime," said Hind Amas, who was not among those arrested. "I'm walking peacefully in the street. I've not attacked anyone."

2 comments:

  1. I am truly glad to glance at this webpage posts which
    contains plenty of helpful information, thanks for providing these data.


    my homepage :: louboutin outlet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to to thank you for this good read!! I certainly loved every
    little bit of it. I have you book marked to look at new stuff you post…

    Also visit my web page; chi hair straightener

    ReplyDelete